Jennifer Newman WHNP
Born and raised in Elko, Nevada, I have been interested in medicine since the ripe old age of 8. As a youngster, I would beg my parents to follow ambulance sirens hoping to “get a glimpse of something medical”. I completed my BS in Biology from The College of Idaho in 1996 followed shortly thereafter by a BS in Nursing. I worked as a registered nurse in NICU, postpartum & labor & delivery at St. Luke’s for nine years before pursuing my next education adventure. With four children under the age of ten, I began NP school in Hyden, Kentucky. In 2008, I graduated first in my class with top honors as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. I credit much of my success to my amazing husband who took on the majority of kiddo & household duties for 18 months!
I have been providing care to women of the Treasure Valley and beyond for seven years. Many of my patients travel from Nevada! I’ve traveled across the globe providing care to disadvantaged women, most recently visiting Haiti, the Dominican Republic and India. Great satisfaction comes from helping women, children and families living in the deepest poverty.
I believe it is critically important to provide multifaceted, personalized care to each woman encountered. Health care journey’s are individual and unique and must be approached accordingly. Developing long term professional relationships with generations of women has been one of my favorite parts of practice; teens referred by mothers who were referred by grandmothers. I enjoy working with the teen population both in GYN and obstetric care and also find great pleasure in assisting women with infertility difficulties which can be a daunting path without compassionate and empathetic care. The vast majority of my new patients are personal referrals which I take great pride in. The best advertising comes from pleased, established patients.
My husband is a local architect & an avid triathlete. We are blessed with four precocious children and one high maintenance toy poodle. I love spending time with my husband & kids, a good laugh, cooking, reading, travel, the arts and Spartan mud obstacle races.
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified, State of Idaho
- Registered Nurse, State of Idaho
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification, Current
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE BIOLOGY, College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE NURSING, Lewis & Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho
- MASTER OF SCIENCE NURSING/WOMEN'S HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER, Frontier School of Nursing, Hyden, Kentucky
- October 2008-February 2015: OB/GYN Associates, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, Meridian, Idaho
- June 1998-September 2008: St. Luke's Medical Center, Registered Nurse, Boise & Meridian, Idaho
- Jewett Honor Scholar, Academic Merit, 1996
- PRESENTATION: Needs of Idaho's Advanced Practice providers, Idaho Board of Nurse Practitioners, 2000