Jennifer Hudson D.O.
The final four years of my 12-year military commitment was spent just down the interstate at Mountain Home Air Force Base, which afforded me the opportunity to enjoy beautiful Idaho. I am originally from upstate New York, and since leaving for college have spent much time relocating before finally settling in Boise. I chose to apply to medical school with a specific interest in Women’s Health after I watched my first birth volunteering at a hospital in my college town.
In addition to being a board-certified OBGYN, I am a proud crunchy mom who integrates holistic and conventional medicine into my practice. I firmly believe all aspects of health are interrelated and that our bodies have the ability to heal themselves when given the appropriate tools. My professional interests include general obstetrics and natural birth, lactation, nutrition, fertility, PCOS, menstrual disorders, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. I also highly endorse alternative treatments, and utilize a network of such providers, to compliment conventional medicine to include chiropractics, OMT, acupuncture, essential oil therapy, and herbal medicine. My most recent accomplishment is the completion of the ADAPT Framework Level 1 course through the Kresser Institute for Functional and Evolutionary Medicine, expanding my clinical approach to each patient utilizing functional medicine.
My husband and I have been blessed with two beautiful children, giving siblings to our spunky dog and lazy cat. We enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, camping, skiing, jogging, as well as yoga, cooking, and travel.
- 2015 - Idaho State Board of Medicine
- 2012 - OBGYN Board Certification (ABOG)
- 2008 - Virginia State Board of Medicine
- 2003 to 2007 - Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Blacksburg VA
- 1999 to 2003 - King College (B.S., Biology), Bristol TN
- 2007 to 2011 - Wright Patterson AFB/Wright State University OBGYN residency program, Dayton OH
- 2013 to 2015 - 366 Medical Group Women's Health Clinic Director, MHAFB
- 2011 - Dennis D Barber Resident Academic Achievement Award
- 2010 to 2011- WPAFB/WSU OBGYN Administrative Chief Resident
- 2003 to 2007- Health Professions Scholarship Program of the Armed Forces
- 1999 to 2003- King College Dean's List
- 2007 to present- American Congress of OBGYN
- 2003 to 2014- Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- 2011 to 2013- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- 2010 to 2011- American Society of Reproductive Medicine