Cortney Fields CNM
I grew up in Mountain Home, ID and graduated from Boise State University with my undergraduate nursing degree in 2006. I worked as a labor and delivery nurse at the Meridian St. Luke’s for 7 years. I enjoyed this opportunity immensely and the experience of helping my amazing patients through the process of labor and birth triggered a desire to become more involved in the woman’s journey. I returned to school at the Frontier Nursing University where I earned my Masters in Midwifery in 2012. I love being able to care for my patients from adolescence through their child bearing years and beyond. The intimate relationship built during office visits always makes the labor and birth experience so special! I started my midwifery career in Rexburg, ID which was a fantastic opportunity but family brought me back to Boise. I love the Boise area and am passionate about spreading the word of midwifery and educating the public of this model of care. I look forward to meeting many women of the community and providing compassionate, personal care to all.
Outside of work, I enjoy playing tennis, crocheting, singing (although, I’m horrible) and exercise. I have two beautiful boys. They enjoy playing baseball, fishing, and supporting each other through extracurricular activities.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) - Certified and current
- ACLS-OB (Advanced Cardiac Life Support- OB) - Certified and current
- S.T.A.B.L.E Program - Certified and current
- BLS (Basic Life Support) - Certified and current
- RN (Registered Nurse) - Licensure current
- RNC-OB (Registered Nurse Certification in Obstetrical Nursing) - Certified and current
- CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) - Licensure current
- Associates Degree of Nursing- Boise State University, 2006
- Masters Degree in Certified Nurse Midwife- Frontier Nursing University, 2012
- Nurse assistant in Pediatrics unit, Saint Alphonsus Boise, ID 6/02- 11/05
- Nurse assistant in Maternity/NICU unit, Saint Luke's Meridian, ID 06/06-01/07
- Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery/Post partum unit, Saint Luke's Meridian, ID 01/07- 7/12
- Certified Nurse Midwife at Seasons Medical in Rexburg ID 7/12- 12/13
- Certified Nurse Midwife at Women's Health Associates in Boise ID 1/14 to current
- My career goal is: to promote child birth as a natural event. Create an experience that each woman can be fully aware of their bodies and the process of child birth. It is my desire to support an undisturbed birth with minimal interventions to help each baby into the world gently and safely. I am determined to work with each client and advocate for their ideal birth experience in the safest manner possible. This will be done by providing optimal care based on evidence based practice, techniques learned through collaboration with colleagues and natural instinct of mother and provider. I also strive to be involved throughout the span of a woman's gynecologic needs. I hope to be a partner in their care and assist with decisions such as family planning, routine care, and problems or concerns that may arise throughout their reproductive years and beyond.